Sunday, March 09, 2008

12k and counting

The 70 Days of Sweat challenge is really keeping me cranking! The new WIP is now at 12k, after only nine days - right where I wanted to be!

My plan is to write 8k/week until the end of the challenge, which would put me at 88k after 11 weeks. To hit that 8k, I want to write 1,000 words/day M-F, allowing for one day off, then 2,000 each on Saturday and Sunday. This week was a bit of a challenge - I had family stuff to do both Tuesday and Wednesday night, but managed to squeeze in 1,000k between them.

On Friday, DH threw me a bit of a monkey wrench by suggesting we invite some friends over for dinner. No problem, I like these friends and how can I protest when he's doing the cooking? And the big thing, family and friends are more important than writing. Unfortunately, I got none of my 1,000 words written that night, and I'd already used my 'bye' on Tuesday/Wednesday, so that put me 1k behind.

I wasn't sure if I could make it up, but I was determined to try. Friday sent us a massive dump of the white, fluffy, get-my-car-stuck-if-I-go-out stuff, and it continued until Saturday evening. It also cancelled my RWA chapter meeting as of Friday, for which I was kind of glad. I'd been looking really forward to the program, and it was going to highly bum me out to miss it. However, our presenter lives even farther than I do, so there was no way she'd get there, either. No one questioned our wise prez's decision as the white stuff continued to fall and clog the roads, pretty much shutting down everything from Columbus through Cincinnati and beyond. But that helped me get my writing in, too, and with long enough time that I didn't have to cram too much in.

Today DH helped me by going out to snowblow then to have lunch and watch sports with friends (aren't Sundays great?) And I wrote 3,000 words - the most I think I've ever written in one day!

4 Comments:

OpenID eviljwinter said...

That is impressive. My WIP is 32,000 words after six months.

OTOH, what deadline? =)

8:33 AM, March 10, 2008  
Blogger Jennette said...

It may very well be 12,000 words of crap, but thanks for stopping by!

8:41 PM, March 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

11/04/08: I see $50 in your future. :)

11:23 PM, November 04, 2008  
Blogger Come At Me Bro said...

This is great!

5:25 AM, February 23, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home